STR8 UP – 10,000 Little Steps to Healing Inc.
COMMUNITY INTERVENTION MODEL PROJECT (CIM)
STR8 UP offers programs for individuals who want to exit gang life, engage in educational and/or employment training and reduce negative contacts with the criminal justice system.
- Do you want to go back to school or work towards stable employment?
- Are you between the ages of 15 to 30 years old?
- Are you gang-affiliated and thinking seriously of getting out of the lifestyle?
This project has three phases:
RELENTLESS OUTREACH (INDIVIDUALIZED SUPPORT 4-6 months)
- You will have a dedicated outreach worker to support you during the project.
- Your worker will help coordinate government and community services to meet your needs and help you achieve your work and education goals.
- Once we get to know you and if you are ready for the next steps you may be one of 57 individuals selected for more intensive programming.
TRANSFORMATION (INTERNAL & COMMUNITY RESOURCES 1-2 years)
- Indigenous Cultural Teachings and access to Elders and cultural workers.
- 16 months of Internal Programming based on the Medicine Wheel & STR8 UP Philosophy designed to help you succeed in achieving your goals for education and employment.
- Engaged community agencies throughout central and northern Saskatchewan.
- Contact/Support from existing programs and resources to help you pursue your individual plan.
- Continual Outreach Services & Individualized Support.
SUPPORT & SUSTAINMENT (ONGOING SUPPORT 1-2 years)
- STR8 UP believes that everyone’s journey is unique and we continue to support our members after they’ve moved through the initial phases of their healing.
- Once you join STR8 UP you become part of a group of individuals who commit to supporting one another and helping one another succeed in reaching their goals.
- There is no time on the kind of relationships you will build while part of STR8 UP.
If you think you might be interested and you want to learn more contact us at the office closest to you and ask to speak to our CIM Program Managers.
STR8 UP CIM Program Saskatoon
226 Avenue V South
STR8 UP CIM Program Prince Albert
#9-10 11 Street West